Sunday, October 13, 2002

This weekend was kinda neat-o. Friday night we had dinner at a new resturant around here called o'charleys. It was a big disappointment. We were expecting corned beef and Guinness but instead we got blackened steak and Amberbock. Mike's "blackened" steak was 1/4in thick, half fat and not spicy in the least. My steak and shrimp combo was alright. The veggies were undercooked. This place sure isn't like Outback.

Saturday morning we went to the stadium for the Jaguar sendoff tailgate party. It was put on by the Booster Club who provided free hotdogs and cokes. It was kinda lame cause everyone there was all old and cheesy. There was this poor old woman there who musta been at least 80 years old with a walker. We kept thinking she was going to die when she was crossing the parking lot. Hopefully more people will show up next time. It was cool seeing the players go to practice, come back, then leave in their SUVs all pimped out. Maybe hardcore football fans like Ted or season ticket holders like Jeanne and Jerry will consider supporting their team and the tailgate party will be just that. A par-tay. Its a good idea. Just more people need to do it.

Saturday afternoon we went to the IMax theatre at the World Golf Village and saw Destiny in Space. It was a stunning narrative featuring the vocal talents of Leonard Nimoy. The IMax camera takes us on an adventure aboard the space shuttle to repair the Hubble Telescope and into the depths of space. We really enjoyed it.

Saturday evening we spent almost 4 hours looking for a big ass wine glass to drink cocktails out of. We tried Target...but they had nothing. So we tried Regency Mall next. Surely the mall would have what we were looking for. An old black woman working at Belk almost passed out when we told her what we wanted. At about 10 til 9 we headed over to Garden Ridge. Sure enough, they had the exact glassware we were looking for. Unfortunatly, we spent 25 mins in line waiting to check out. We had this crazy lady behind us who would not stop making comments about how long the wait was. Finally, we were able to make our way to ABC liquors and buy more margarita mix. We both enjoyed big ass margaritas for the rest of the night.

Sunday was peaceful. I spent some time in the morning cleaning up the kitchen. Then I headed to Publix to do my shopping. The rest of the day.. well.. not much went on. I did some homework, watched the Jag game, took a bath, watched the Sopranos and wrote this blog.

Tomorrow I go to the dermatologist. I hope he can fix my skin. Soon. I also have two tests this week and have to work all day Saturday. I wont be able to make the Jaguar send off. :( Damn ECCU.

I'm sure I have some jacked up spelling in here. But give me a break.. I have no spell check. :)

No comments: