Saturday, November 23, 2002

Jacksonville.com - First Coast Community: Ponte Vedra - Letters to the editor: Review committee dictatorial 11/23/02 Election musings

While leafing through the Ponte Vedra Shorelines and reading the articles about the latest elections, I came across the picture of Jacqueline Florian of Ponte Vedra Beach handing out election information outside Ponte Vedra-Palm Valley Elementary School. Was that a polling place? Was she too close to it to be handing out her opinion? I always thought you had to be at least 500 feet away from a polling place to campaign. Maybe the laws are different here, so I don't know for sure, but I will try to find out. The look on her face is one that's not sure of her actions. Just an opinion, Page 6 Nov. 9, check yourself and look at her expression. Things that make ya say hmmm!

I hope no one loses his livelihood over [state constitutional] Amendment 6. Quite a few restaurants in California closed after they passed the law. When will we stop letting our government tell us how to live, what to wear, where to smoke if you so choose, etc.? Free country? I'm starting to wonder. This is from a non-smoker.

John R. Goodale
Ponte Vedra Beach


Thats my Dad! :)

No comments: